When you are away from home in a different climate your hair will be subjected to weather it is not used to.
Your hair needs to be protected in the same way that you do with your skin. UV rays are very harmful to your hair affecting the pigment, strength, shine and vitality.
For your skin you take with you cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen and after-sun lotions so for your hair take shampoo, conditioner, hair sunscreen and styling products.
1. Cold temperatures weaken your hair and susceptible to damage. Flyaway hair tends to be subject to static. Hair should be well conditioned and protected by wearing a hat.
2. If you have frizzy hair use a leave-in conditioner and take a deep moisturizing mask with you on holiday. All hair types will benefit from using a heat protection spray and serum to keep the elements out and keep the moisture in.
3. Hair expands just like it does when it is wet in a humid climate. This will make your hair fluffy or if it is curly, frizzy.
4. For all hair types, a pre-holiday deep conditioning treatment is a must to nourish the hair and seal the cuticles, as you want to prevent excess moisture from entering the hair shaft.
5. If you have fine hair use a light leave-in conditioner from mid-way down the hair to the ends and use a serum to seal the ends after blow-drying, being careful not to overdo the serum on fine hair.
6. If you have curly and/or frizzy hair then you need to seal the cuticle (the outside of your hair) to minimize the additional frizziness that results in humid weather.
7. Use a leave-in conditioner very morning. Use an anti-frizz serum to coat and seal the cuticle.
Hot and dry climate
8. The sun strips the hair of its natural oils and dry heat increases this effect. UV rays attack your hair and the resulting free radicals damage the hair. The weakened cuticle causes the hair to become dehydrated, allows the bleaching and fading of the color pigment as well as split ends.
9. To protect your hair 100% from sun damage wear a hat!
10. Deep conditioning your hair before your holiday is essential.
11. If you have fine hair use a wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and use a light leave-in conditioner with UV protection. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
12. If you have curly hair use a moisturizing shampoo and a leave-in conditioner to minimize dryness. Apply a nourishing hair mask whilst you are away to deep condition your hair. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
13. If you have frizzy hair use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.Use a rich leave-in conditioner with UV protection each morning and apply a hair mask every other day during the holiday.
14. When you have been swimming in the sea always wash the salt out afterwards.
15. Chlorine from the swimming pool is extremely damaging when combined with the effects of the sun, wet your hair in the shower before hand and protect your hair with a leave-in conditioner preferably one containing a UV filter. Wash your hair thoroughly after swimming.
16. Hair grips and bands are an extremely useful item to have on holiday and offer a quick-fix solution for hair care problems.
17. Don't forget your travel plug to ensure that you can still use your hairdryer and other electric hairstyling equipment whilst abroad.
Copyright © Skye Irwin, Haircare-made-easy.com, 2005 This article is copyrighted. Please feel free to use it in it's entirety including copyright information and information about the publisher. Skye Irwin operates the website HairCare Made Easy, you can get her Hair Care Made Easy book from http://www.haircare-made-easy.com
Women are chasing down ultra botanicals facial cleanser in droves.... Read More
The fountain of youth has always been the most sought-after... Read More
In the self-care and beauty industry, the latest craze is... Read More
When you are away from home in a different climate... Read More
There's almost nothing more irritating than buying a lot of... Read More
Despite the fact that Botox is a toxin it's been... Read More
Right eating habits and the right natural care can do... Read More
Hair extensions - a few hours in the salon and... Read More
The skin has a defence mechanism against sun-damage, in the... Read More
Spray tanning is a relatively new method of sunless tanning.... Read More
We all need a change every now and then. From... Read More
People from all walks of life and all ages live... Read More
Did you know Leonardo da Vinci sketched and described several... Read More
Shopping for mascara can be an "eye opening"... Read More
Don't you just hate it when your eyes are dry... Read More
Tanning products, both sunless and sun, work on the epidermis,... Read More
Eye glasses have really come a long way over the... Read More
Who gets hair extensions? What are hair extensions, methods, etc.?... Read More
Dermaglow Miracle Spa, is a NEW range of organic and... Read More
If you suffer from dry skin your probably always looking... Read More
Most of us do. There are the few lucky people... Read More
Sunquest tanning bulbs are a good choice for tanning beds.... Read More
If you have teenagers, then you will encounter this end-of-the-world... Read More
If you have an astigmatism it doesn't mean that you... Read More
Fashion magazines target people every day with lists and charts... Read More
A great tan is associated with health and beauty. While... Read More
Visiting a tanning booth to tan may be safer than... Read More
Chemical peeling is a process whereby the skin (usually of... Read More
Tanning is so much in fashion that tanning saloons are... Read More
There is a universal, absolute, immutable, infrangible, and inviolable fact... Read More
The cost of a rhinoplasty procedure can vary greatly from... Read More
When deciding a hair routine, you first have to determine... Read More
Cosmetic surgery can make an exciting and lasting difference in... Read More
A patient of mine called me a few weeks ago... Read More
Is Beauty Skin Deep?The answer is yes and no. It's... Read More
Beautiful skin care starts with what people notice first. Eyes... Read More
Practitioners admit it hurts like hell and speech is initially... Read More
Tanning beds - a boon or a bane? That is... Read More
I love long hair! Especially mine.Yes, I live in a... Read More
By now, I'm sure you've heard of the hair straightening... Read More
Do you know that dandruff affects about 70% of the... Read More
The beauty world is going nuts this season. From coconut... Read More
You have probably heard a lot about AHAs, or alpha... Read More
This is a good topic to discuss especially now since... Read More
Learn to help your body glow from the inside out.... Read More
A study involving a European occupational therapist suffering from psoriasis... Read More
Don't let the name fool you. Nonprescription contacts do require... Read More
Becoming a dental assistant offers one of the fastest educational... Read More
I must admit that putting contact lenses in for the... Read More
Unless your skin is absolutely flawless, concealer is a must.... Read More