Face it ladies; the reason you want to look nice is to attract the opposite sex. And let's also face the fact that most men do not even notice half the things you spend your hard-earned cash on in the name of looking good for them. Whether you're a swinging single, have a boyfriend, or even a couple of boyfriends, you can still turn heads without blowing your entire paycheck on self-maintenance. Here are ten tips.
1. Grow your hair long. Forget the stacked and sprayed look, girls. Men want long, luxuriant locks that they can run their fingers through and maybe even give a gentle tug on once in a while to pay homage to their inner caveman. Save your money on expensive haircuts. Instead, have a friend trim those tresses at home (or do it yourself). Split ends are never in style no matter what look you're sporting.
2. Cut your hair short. I know; I just told you to grow it and now I'm saying cut it. If you're one of those pixie-face girls with milky skin and great shoulders who can leave the house wearing no makeup and still look hot... chop it all off! You're naturally feminine and can get away with it. Keep the hair goop to a minimum. Again: the idea here is soft and natural.
3. Put on a skirt. If you're married or have been dating the same guy for a while, you know the Skirt Reaction. It usually involves appreciative murmurs, spontaneous affection, and umm... well, I don't need to explain further, do I? Your skirt doesn't have to be Neiman Marcus. A denim mini that you paid 14 bucks for can look just as nice as whatever the models are sporting in your copy of Vogue, if you dress it up in just the right way.
4. Exfoliate. Ditch the foundation, ladies. Your boyfriend doesn't apply beige paint to his face every time he leaves the house and neither should you. Face makeup looks unnatural, and I'll bet your man would say it tastes kinda funny, too. Instead, pick up a tube of exfoliant for less than four bucks (it will last you at least five months). Scrub with it every four days or so, and you'll be bright, rosy and cheeky as a schoolgirl. If you're concerned about oil, buy a translucent powder compact at the Rite Aid and apply as necessary.
5. Paint your toenails and fingernails yourself. Do you actually pay other people to do your nails? Shame, shame. Manicures and pedicures rank high on the list of things Men Couldn't Care Less About. Professional French Manicure, Pink Piggies Done at Home or even Naked Nails... it makes no difference to him. Save your money and have a finger-and-toe-painting party with a girlfriend or two. Also, forget the Lee Press-On look. Teradactyl talons are terribly tacky. Go with short-to-medium length, natural and "non-scary" nails.
6. Neaten up those eyebrows. No "miracle lipstick" in the world is going to make a difference if your eyebrows look like two caterpillars curled up and died on your forehead! Eyebrow artillery: sharp trimming scissors, a good pair of tweezers. Step 1: brush eyebrow hair upward. Step 2: Trim straight across. Step 3: pluck stray hairs and define arches - and please don't overdo it! Think Jennifer Aniston, not Bette Davis.
7. Avoid the Lumpy Look. The lumpy look occurs when your clothes are too tight. If the jeans are too small, find a top with tummy coverage. If you're spilling over the bra cups, camoflauge with a thicker fabric shirt or sweater. The Lumpy Look is a semi-emergency situation that demands action. Either hit the stores for a bigger size, or get on Weight Watchers ASAP because girl, you're in trouble.
8. Eyes or Lips - not both. The key to being tastefully attractive is downplaying one feature while up-playing another. If you decide to go with smoky baby blues, then opt for bare or clear lips that day. To show off your perfect pucker, select a nice flattering shade of lipcolor. Paint inside the lines (this is important - no man likes the Rodeo Clown look) and leave the eye makeup to a bare minimum. This same theory applies to your clothing. Legs on display? Cover up the belly. Cleavage peeking out? Hide that junk in the trunk.
9. Forget the tanning bed. Yes, fake tanners, we are all talking about how silly you look behind your back. Keep up the year-round tanning, and in five years you'll resemble a Ball Park hot dog that's been on the grill for far too long. Tan in a bottle is no better, especially with those telltale brown creases behind your knees. Do your skin a favor and keep tanning to the summer months.
10. Feel good about yourself, and smile! By far the best way to be attractive is to actually FEEL attractive. If you're smiling and in a great mood, you'll be naturally sexy no matter what you're wearing. Put on your favorite tunes, go hang out with your best pals, get some fresh air and do the things you enjoy most in life. Real beauty comes from within, and has a lot more to do with the gleam in your eye and the spring in your step than an expensive haircut or anti-aging cream. So, let it all hang out, be yourself and be happy about it. After all, you're one of a kind... and that's pretty attractive!
Dina Giolitto is a copywriting consultant and ghostwriter with 10 years of experience writing corporate print materials and web content. Trust her with your next e-book, article series or web project, and make a lasting impression on your audience of information-hungry prospects. Visit http://www.wordfeeder.com for more information.
For many of us, we go through most of our... Read More
The subject of the dangers of tanning beds use has... Read More
Who gets hair extensions? What are hair extensions, methods, etc.?... Read More
Your skin is your armor, your shield from the elements.... Read More
Testimonials on Permanent MakeupI first thought about getting permanent eyeliner... Read More
Do you wear your hair natural? No lye? As many... Read More
By now, I'm sure you've heard of the hair straightening... Read More
Although the national average cost for liposuction charged by surgeons... Read More
Azulene is a constituent of the volatile oil obtained by... Read More
Los Angeles is the city as infamous as it is... Read More
The secrets out! Tanning bed bulbs in salon tanning beds,... Read More
The tanning industry is showing no signs of stopping. If... Read More
Jeremy was the kind of guy who always wanted the... Read More
Ralph Waldo Emerson very rightly said, "One of the most... Read More
Hi, My name is Rasik Botadra, am currently working as... Read More
Beautiful skin care starts with what people notice first. Eyes... Read More
Isn't it a shame when you have to worry about... Read More
Natural skin care products seem to be on the rise... Read More
With so many glass lens technologies out there designed to... Read More
After finding the right foundation shade, choosing mascara is probably... Read More
Laser hair removal: New Yorkers are in love with it.... Read More
I enjoy pretty scents, don't you? I love working with... Read More
A clinical study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and... Read More
We all strive for a beautiful and healthy body. This... Read More
This is a good topic to discuss especially now since... Read More
With many well-known specialists living and working in the area,... Read More
How many times have you looked at yourself in the... Read More
The benefits from eating healthy are endless. And, according to... Read More
Hair extensions - a few hours in the salon and... Read More
As a licensed cosmetologist, I would like to share how... Read More
Do you have the winter skin blues? Is the itching... Read More
Let's face it ladies. There are very few of us... Read More
When it comes to getting a tan in a tanning... Read More
Keeping your holiday hair style under control isn't just about... Read More
Alpha Hydroxy Acids treatments have the ability to create a... Read More
Skin Care Products Wont Work! No skin care or cosmetic... Read More
New enthusiasts are often confused over tanning beds and supplies... Read More
Aaah, a spa. It used to be that you needed... Read More
Shopping for mascara can be an "eye opening"... Read More
Years ago, I found out how incredible easy it is... Read More
Hair extensions can be attached to your head in many... Read More
Some people desire enough of a tan for just one... Read More
After rhinoplasty surgery, your doctor will send you home with... Read More
Maintaining great skin can be a challenge if you don't... Read More
In the self-care and beauty industry, the latest craze is... Read More
Gone are the days when contact lenses were the domain... Read More
Sunless tanning has many advantages over the traditional sun tanning.... Read More
If you want to improve and enhance your appearance but... Read More
Tanning salons continue to be extremely popular in all areas... Read More
HEALTHY SKIN BEGINS WITH THE BASICS.Overexposure to the sun causes... Read More